Thursday, March 5, 2015

Class Cloud Day

Class cloud day enlightened me to what makes twitter different than the other platforms. I now realize that twitter is designed to stimulate conversation. Unlike Facebook which leans more towards interacting with people you know in real life, and Instagram which is obviously photo oriented. Twitter allows people to arrange content by topic, conversation then have the ability to spread like the branches of a tree. The speed at which conversation can progress on twitter is what gives the platform strength, I poked fun of myspace because that failing is one reasons its basically defunct. @capn_kirkham Don't forget to approve your friends comments! #socmeddiscuss #myspaceprobs

I have a  friend who has created a whole friend group exclusively with people who he met on twitter. I don’t think the chances of that happening with another platform are as high. The platform itself does a goos job of instigating action. When Dane tweeted to Quinn that she needed to replace the twitter egg with a profile pictures. I quickly had Quinn turn around I snapped a picture and I tweeted it right at her. 

I really like the issue that Lillibeth brought up when she composed tweets that included hashtags that were already trending. I think you would have to be careful to make sure your content is good. I feel like I did a pretty decent job when I, tweeted "#DearMe I wish I could tell myself 7 years ago that I never needed to take #TheACT #socmeddiscuss" but ultimately if its a feed someone is following it might be an effective way to get attention. 

Twitter is probably has one of the highest learning of any social media platforms. In class, I had the ability to talk to people an coordinate my tweets, but it moves so fast that it hard to understand when you should quote, reply, or favorite. The frustrations I have with the platform are probably similar to how my mom feels when she tries to text me an image from her iPhone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment